- This event has passed.
Climate change: Is the Science Settled?
March 20, 2015 @ 11:45 am - 1:30 pm
John Franchi, with Texas Christian University’s Department of Engineering and Energy Institute, will be speaking to us about climate change.
Fanchi has been a member of the faculty of the Department of Engineering at Texas Christian University since August 2009. He teaches courses in energy and engineering. Previously, Fanchi taught petroleum and energy engineering courses at the Colorado School of Mines, has worked in the technology centers of four energy companies and has a Ph.D. in physics from the University of Houston.
Dr. Fanchi is the author of several articles and books in the areas of energy, engineering, physics, earth science, and mathematics. His books include:
- Energy in the 21st Century, 2nd Edition (with C.J. Fanchi, World Scientific, 2011)
- Integrated Reservoir Asset Management (Elsevier, 2010)
- Energy: Technology and Directions for the Future (Elsevier-Academic Press, 2004)
- Principles of Applied Reservoir Simulation, 3rd Edition (Elsevier, 2006)
- Math Refresher for Scientists and Engineers, 3rd Edition (Wiley, 2006)
- Shared Earth Modeling (Elsevier, 2002), Integrated Flow Modeling (Elsevier, 2000)
- Parameterized Relativistic Quantum Theory (Kluwer, 1993)
- He co-edited the General Engineering volume of the Petroleum Engineering Handbook (SPE, 2006, Volume 1)
Keep In Touch